Fennec Design is seeking a new part-time retail associate for our Millworks studio space! Currently the position is limited to shop duties, but there are opportunities to grow or be trained in other areas once established. We are looking for someone who is self directed, detail oriented, a capable communicator, and passionate about the arts. The job involves working solo and interacting with the public, so comfort managing customer experiences is a must. Some experience in retail work is preferred, although we will consider any comparable customer service background.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assisting customers by answering questions about our art and products.
- Packaging up purchases and totaling receipts.
- Restocking and light cleaning tasks.
- Timely arrival and departure.
- Opening and closing tasks.
- Some assembly and product care.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- An interest in art and a desire to engage with customers about our work. We like to work with people who are enthusiastic about what we do, and can meet our customers with that enthusiasm.
- Must love chatting with people and feel comfortable talking to a wide variety of visitors. This is a sales job, but we like to foster an environment that is friendly without being pushy.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills. Much of the job is self-directed so we will be relying on associates to work with us in building up trust and responsibilities over time.
- Must be detail oriented and able to multitask. Associates will often be interacting with customers while handling other shop maintenance tasks.
- Calm under pressure. Associates watch the studio solo, so it’s important that they be able to handle customer concerns, busy nights, and problems on the fly.
- An interest in other aspects of our business is a bonus. We are a growing company and will be looking to hire from within for other work in the future.
- Availability 6-12 hours/week to start.
- Friday evening availability is a must. Other shifts are flexible. A great fit for someone with another day-time job or school commitments.
YOU WILL LIKELY ENJOY THIS JOB IF
- You like working independently in an aesthetically appealing space.
- You have a passion for speaking about art with others.
- You love talking up the city of Harrisburg and our local arts scene.
- You are interested in the art we create, and peeking behind the scenes.
- You like the idea of working with and growing with a small independent maker.
- You enjoy interacting with others and putting them at ease in a customer service setting.
- You are looking for a chance to get in at the ground floor but have a long term interest in design, printing, online marketing, photography, or merchandising.
- You enjoy working on your own, manage your time well, and are a self directed and conscientious worker.
- You want to work with a tight knit group of enthusiastic locally-minded people.
Pay is commensurate with experience and we offer regularly scheduled raises. Perks include flexible scheduling, opportunities for advancement, and an employee discount.